Never tried online dating? Well now is the time to consider. Why? because technology, covid, and the inability to meet in person, have all driven this trend to go online. Many people we work with have NEVER tried dating online, are trying it now. It just makes sense.
So what do you need to jump into the online dating world? How do you prepare for your dating photo session? Think more about relatability than looks. GREAT headshots that are natural, show your personality and don’t look stiff or unnatural. Now that you are committed to getting these dating profile pictures, read on about some common fears and how you can get prepared…
What if I don’t like to be photographed at all?
For you to feel comfortable in front of a camera, it just takes one GOOD experience to change your mind. You need to feel Connection and Trust with your photographer. After 18 years as a headshot and online dating photographer, I realize the what it takes to change you from fear to excitement. You will feel more relaxed than you think, promise. And it gets easier as we go. Practice letting go, and visualize a good experience! Visualization and Law of Attraction are powerful.
- Connection: In this VIDEO I talk about my own fear of being photographed. I get it and I’ve GOT you! We’ll talk about your favorite movies, your pets and what you’re looking forward. I’ll distract you, in a GOOD way and you won’t even know you’re being photographed.
- Trust: Read what our CLIENTS have to say in these GOOGLE Reviews. You can trust me and we will help you feel completely comfortable.
What if I don’t look natural?
I will work with you on expression and even show you some of the images as we go. Once you see we “got it”, you’ll start looking and FEELING more natural. Our unique style is instantly recognizable. It is LIGHT, BRIGHT and natural with a soft (out of focus) background. We use REAL settings that look and feel completely comfortable. The settings make it much easier to be photographed because they are totally chill and are filled with natural, beautiful light. I will also distract you with conversation, so you WILL look completely natural.
Do I need to worry about my body?
Good question! In general, people want to see YOUR FACE, so we do a lot of waist up shots. Also wardrobe really can help you look your best. After you book your session, we will walk you through some AMAZING wardrobe tips that only WE know after years of experience. Remember, it’s not as much about how you LOOK as how you come across. An engaging expression is equally as attractive as a great body. We will capture a variety of distances, expressions, backgrounds and clothing items as well.
Notice the EXPRESSION here. Captivating, focused, confident.
We’ll add a bit more variety as well to include:
- Waist up, 3/4 or full length
- Vertical AND Horizontal
- Features your face and your expressions
- Sometimes looking INTO the lens, often looking away
- Standing, seated, kneeling
- Personal items incorporated such as funky shoes and bags
What expression works best?
Laugh a little. It will feel WEIRD, but most of us look authentic when we laugh. And, laughing will help your nerves!
I have no idea about what locations work best, can you help?
Our “Mainstreet” location downtown Littleton looks and feels like a place you would meet for a date (so it just makes sense). The area is dotted with cafes and coffee shops and has an “old town” vibe.
Sample headshot images from our downtown Littleton “Mainstreet” location:
What if I can’t pick from the proofs, can you help?
Not only will we help hone it down to your “best of” shots, we will also pick OUR favorites from those if you need more help!
What type of image should I use as my profile image?
We have a LOT of insight and tips about picking the right PROFILE shot from your set. We have a couple tips and tricks to share once your session’s proofs post.
What’s the process if I’m interested in booking a Denver dating photography session?
- Take a look at our Gallery page to determine if our natural style is right for you
- Determine your package: We will help you find the right package for your budget. Just GET STARTED here or call us at 720-201-0402
- Choose your location: We will discuss our location options more in detail and determine the best one for you. Our favorite is the “Mainstreet” location
- BOOK your session: We will guide you on how to do that
- Clothing Tips will be shared: We will email you CLOTHING tips and ideas that WORK!
- Photo day: The session will be FUN and you will feel totally connected
- Proofs post: Within 3-5 days after the session, the proofs will post on your own private online gallery which we will share with you
- Choose, retouch and deliver: Once you communicate your chosen images, we will do light retouch and deliver the final files to you within just days! We DON’T over do it on retouch, so you will look like YOU, that’s important.
Do I get the digital files?
You will get some amazing digital files with light facial retouch. Each dating photography session comes with a selection of your FAVORITE 4×6″ high resolution files. Share these on social media, dating apps and you can use them for PROFESSIONAL marketing (website, email signature).
What are your packages and pricing?
Once you choose GET STARTED and fill out the form, OR call us at 720-201-0402, we’ll help you pick the package and location that works. Then, we start the process above keeping you posted with our 1-1 communication along the way.
What do our clients have to say?
We believe everyone looking for a headshot photographer should look a their GOOGLE REVIEWS! Please check out what our clients have to say and note the common theme of walking them through, connecting with them and helping them feel comfortable. Click to see OUR GOOGLE REVIEWS!
How long do you keep the dating photos if I want more?
We keep the files for 3 months after the photo session date. Be sure to save your files in SEVERAL different places for safe keeping! (external drive, cloud, flash drive)
If you want a perfect Denver headshot or personal branding session, GET STARTED today or call Kelly Weaver Photography at: 720-201-0402.