How are you?
What is your immediate response to that question? Most of us are quick to answer with the standard, “I’m well, thanks, how are you?” But how are you really? Too many times we allow ourselves to get caught up in the day to day and think that “we’re fine”, without acknowledging the importance of checking in with ourselves.
Self-care is more than just buying yourself a latte or going for your regular nail or massage appointment. While those are part of it, self-care ultimately begins when you take actions to maintain all facets of your well-being, including your MENTAL and EMOTIONAL health!
A healthy practice is to learn how to recognize and address your emotions through activities like:
- Spending time with those who support you
- Seeing yourself from a fresh perspective
You protect your mental health when you choose to actively engage in activities that encourage your creativity, learn new skills, or challenge you to get outside of your comfort zone.
A Professional Photoshoot can be the PERFECT way for you to see yourself from a fresh perspective and to celebrate your self! I often see it as a form of therapy because you walk away feeling confident and joyful and with renewed energy!
When you see images of yourself from a photographer’s point of view, the beliefs you have about yourself are challenged. You are presented with a version of you that THEY SEE, and not the version of you that tries to stay hidden.
A lot of people struggle with low self-esteem and the thought of getting in front of a camera can be daunting, but doing so also forces you to face your fears of self-consciousness and turns into CONFIDENCE!
Growth does not happen when we stay comfortable.
A Professional Photo Shoot is an ideal from of self-care and one you should consider for your own:
- Self-expression – a photoshoot can be a creative outlet. It allows you to express your personality and style, which can be a source of joy and fulfillment.
- Self-reflection – seeing your photos can help lead you to a deeper understanding and level of confidence.
- Celebration of your accomplishments – A reminder of how far you’ve come and acknowledgment of your worth and value.
- As an Investment in YOURSELF
So why not treat yourself? You DESERVE it!
Ready to talk about scheduling your next self care photoshoot session? Book a time on Kelly’s calendar for a quick phone call!
To Learn More about our Personal Branding Packages, click here!